Fourth of July in Fort WorthJune 30, 2017
The Fourth of July may have fallen on a Tuesday this year, but there will be no shortage of holiday festivities to celebrate the United States’ 241th birthday.
- Billy Bob’s 4th of July Picnic kicks of the weekend at the Rodeo Plaza in the Stockyards this Saturday. Advance tickets to the event at $30 at billybobstexas.com or $35 at the door.
- The Fort Worth Symphony Orchestra will be performing at the Botanic Gardens from July 2 – July 4. Tickets to the Garden’s Family Fireworks Picnic are available at fwsymphony.org.
- Landmark Bar and Kitchen in the Cultural District is celebrating with drink specials from 9pm – 2am on Monday: $1 jello shots, $2 spiked snow cones and $3 “‘Merica” shots.
- The Firecracker 5K and 1-Mile Fun Run at Trinity River Park kicks off Tuesday morning. Registration is $20 and includes a t-shirt. For more information visit: the driven.net/annual-firecracker-5000.
- Stockyard’s Station will be hosting face painting, live music and gunfight shows from the Legends of Texas, starting at noon on Tuesday. For a full schedule of events visit: stockyardsstation.com/events/july-4th-fun-in-the-stockyards/.
- “Fort Worth’s Fourth” at Panther Island Pavilion includes live music, water slides, zip line, tubing and kayaking, bounce house, food vendors, and, of course, fireworks. The event is 2-10pm with live music 3:30-9:30pm and fireworks at 10. Picnics, blankets, and lawn chairs are welcome to this free event. Find out more at fortworthsfourth.com.
- Landmark Bar will be hosting the West 7th Freedom Fest with 95.9 “The Ranch.” There will be a hot dog eating contest, corn hole tournament, face painting, and live music to benefit the 22KILL veteran suicide awareness and prevention program. See more at w7freedomfest.com.